Before Thread Lift Facial treatment
One week before your procedure:
- Avoid alcohol of any kind, as well as smoking. This will help speed your recovery and provide better treatment results.
- Stop taking vitamin E, supplements such as Fish Oil, Krill, Garlic, Chilli Ginseng, Ginger & Green teas
- Any Aspirin based products such as Ibuprofen, Neurofen, Naprosen/Naprogesic Should be avoided. Inform Dr. Akef if you are taking any anti-inflammatory medications (e.g. Naprosyn) or blood thinning medication (e.g. Warfarin).
Please call Angel Gloss Cosmetic Clinic at (647)-728-2400 or (905) 597-2030 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and any concerns regarding pre and-post care.
After Thread Lift Facial treatment
To achieve the best possible result from your surgery, follow these instructions carefully:
- When you arrive home, make yourself comfortable and relax for the remainder of the day. Feel free to move around but avoid any heavy lifting or strenuous activity for 2-3 weeks.
- If your stomach is feeling settled, you can start to consume small, soft meals. If you feel nauseous, do not eat solid food, just drink small amounts of clear liquids until the nausea passes. If it continues, call us.
- During the first few days after your procedure, take your pain medication as needed, preferably after eating to avoid nausea. Most patients find narcotic pain medication unnecessary during the day after 2-3 days.
- *Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil, Nuprin) or Tylenol are in the post-operative period, and for an additional 7-10 days. Aspirin should be avoided for 2 weeks before the planned date of your facial face lift.
- Most of your discomfort should occur in the first 24-48 hours following the procedure and will decrease each day thereafter. You may resume normal activities as you feel well enough to do so. This includes bathing and caring for yourself and lifting routine objects. Contact us if you have any questions.
- Take medications according to the instructions.
- Eat soft foods or drink liquids for 7-10 days after surgery.
- Keep head elevated (45-degree angle) when resting in bed.
- Do not touch or wash your face for 12 hours following the procedure. Don’t pull down on your facial skin for 3 weeks.
- Keep facial incisions clean as discussed in the incision wound care handout.
- Limit facial motion for 24 hours. Limit talking or extreme expression.
- Apply ice for 30 minutes, 4-5 times a day, for 5 days.
- Do not chew gum for 2 weeks. Do not drink through a straw.
- No make-up or facial creams for 48 hours.
- Do not massage the face for 3 weeks, especially with a wash cloth when cleansing. Do not pull down on your face.
- Bending over or any position which places the head lower than the heart is to be avoided for at least 7 days. Avoid straining.
- A day or two after surgery, the hair can be washed again using lukewarm water and baby shampoo.
- Notify the doctor of any severe swelling in the neck or cheek areas or if the pain becomes severe on one side only.
- Rest for the first 48 hours.