After laser tattoo removal, it is very important to follow aftercare instructions for the best possible results. Proper aftercare will prevent infection, skin texture issues and color changes. It also provides the best possible results.
Laser Tattoo removal aftercare
- Cool compresses will reduce discomfort and inflammation. You can apply ice packs as necessary for 24 hours after the treatment.
- You may also take Tylenol to reduce any pain or burning and control inflammation.
- Avoid Aspirin as it can increase the risk of bruising and/or bleeding.
- Keep the treated area clean and dry while it is healing.
- Blisters, crusts, or scabs forming within eight to 72 hours post treatment is normal and happens to many patients. They may last for 1 to 2 weeks.
- DO NOT to pick the scab or allow the skin to become scraped as this may result in infection and/or scarring.
- DO NOT shave this area until it is completely healed.
- You can take showers as usual, however, avoid high pressure water hitting the treated area. Baths, hot tubs, swimming pools or any form of soaking are not recommended until all blistering and scabbing are completely healed, as they may increase the risk of infection.
- Exercise is generally safe after treatment, taking into account the other aftercare instructions provided here.
- Itching is very common after laser tattoo removal. There are several topical medications you apply on the treated area in order to calm the itching sensation. Aquaphor, antihistamine topical cream, hydrocortisone topical cream and vitamin E ointment may help.
- Healing is usually complete within 4 weeks. During this period of time, the treated area may appear pink or pale after the scab separates.
- If the area looks infected (honey colored crusting, oozing or spreading of redness), if you experience an unusual discomfort or bleeding, if any other complications develop, or if you have any questions or concerns, call Angel Gloss Cosmetic Centre during normal business hours.