Before PRP treatment
- If you develop a fever, cold or flu, or develop a cold sore, blemish, or rash, etc. in the area to be treated prior to your appointment, you must reschedule your appointment.
- If you have a special event or vacation coming up, it’s recommended that you schedule your treatment at least 2 weeks in advance.
- If you are being treated in the lip area and have a history of cold sores (herpes) with outbreaks more than 4 times a year, pre-treatment with medication may be recommended. Dr. Akef recommends 2 Valtrex the day before or the morning of the treatment and then another 2 pills 12 hours after the first dose.
** Please let us know that you need a prescription if you do not have this medication on hand. **
- Discontinue use of anti-inflammatory drugs (steroidal and non-steroidal) such as: Aspirin, Motrin (or any other Ibuprofen drugs) at least 3 days to 1 week before your treatment. With PRP, we “want” inflammation, this is one of the mechanisms of how PRP does its work.
- If you are, or have been, on systemic use of Corticosteroids (steroids) within 2 weeks of treatment, we cannot treat you. Consult Dr. Akef for approval to discontinue use of steroids and receive treatment.
- Discontinue use of any other blood thinning agents such as: Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Essential Fatty Acids (EFA’s and DHA’s) etc. at least 3 days to 1 week before and after treatment to minimize bruising and bleeding.
- It is recommended that you avoid: Alcohol, caffeine, niacin supplements, spicy foods, and cigarettes 3 days before and after your treatment. (All of these may increase risk of bruising)
- For further information please call Angel Gloss Cosmetic Clinic at (647)-728-2400 or (905) 597- 2030 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
After PRP Treatment
There are few restrictions after your PRP injections. This allows you to return to your daily activities almost immediately
- DO NOT touch, press, rub, or manipulate the treated area (s) for at least 8 hours after your treatment
- AVOID Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Aleve and any other non-steroidal and steroidal anti-inflammatory agents. This includes; Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, or any other essential fatty acids. These should be discontinued at least 3 days to 1 week prior to and after your treatment. Remember, creating inflammation is important.
- If you experience discomfort or pain, you may take Tylenol or other Acetaminophen products. You may apply Ice if you wish to the injected area for 20-30 minutes after the procedure, but we would prefer if you can refrain from this.
- Do not wash or take a shower for at least 6 hours after your treatment.
- Do not use any lotions, creams, or make-up for at least 6 hours after your treatment.
- AVOID vigorous exercise, sun and heat exposure for at least 3 days after your treatment.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, and cigarettes for 3 days before and after your treatment. Smokers do not heal well, and problems recur earlier, and results may take longer.
- Maintain a healthy diet and drink at least 64 ounces of water the day of the treatment (Fiji water is recommended due to its high content of silica). Continue to drink this amount of water or more for a week after treatment.
- It is normal to experience: bruising, redness, itching, soreness, and swelling, which may last from 3-10 days following your procedure.