Pre Treatment Care
- Before treatment, shave all the hair on the area you’re getting treated
- Do NOT wax, pluck or use depilatories between your laser hair removal appointments
- Avoid sun exposure for 1 to 2 weeks prior to treatment and use sunblock with an SPF of at least 30 to ensure coverage against UVB and UVA rays.
- Do NOT use self-tanning products for 1 to 2 weeks prior to and/or post treatment.
- Discontinue use of Tretinoin type products (Renova, Tretinoin, Retin A, Retin A Micro, Tri-Luma, Solage, etc.) or Hydroquinone at least 2 or 3 days prior to treatment.
- Many medications that cause sun sensitivity will also make your more sensitive to the laser. Please disclose any medications that you may be taking before starting treatment (including over-the-counter).
- If you have a history of cold sores, start treatment with Valtrex or a similar drug at least 24 hours before your treatment
- Notify Angel Gloss if you develop a cold sore, acne, or open lesions in the area being treated, or experience any type of illness prior to your treatment.
- Longevity of Botox and fillers may be affected if they were done any time within 6 months prior to your treatment. Doing Botox within 2 weeks of your treatment is not recommended.
- REMEMBER Laser hair reduction is never 100%. Industry standard is 75 to 90% reduction in the amount of hair. Not all hairs will be destroyed. Hormones can cause hair to grow back.
Post Treatment Care
- You may experience small red bumps around the hair follicle. This is normal and expected.
- Do NOT pick, rub or scratch these until they have cleared. Your skin may be more sensitive overall for several days following your laser hair removal treatment.
- If your skin scabs or crusts, or your experience a burn, do not pick, rub or scratch these areas. Doing so can result in infection, permanent pigment changes to your skin or even scarring. Gently cleanse the area and apply hydrocortisone cream several times a day for one week. If the area is open, apply a layer of antibiotic ointment over the hydrocortisone cream. Please contact us immediately if you experience any burns.
- Do NOT sunbathe or use a tanning bed for at least 2 weeks following your treatment. If you need to be out in the sun, apply sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30.
- Avoid swimming, hot tubs and saunas for several days following your treatment.
- It can take several weeks for the hair in the treated area to “fall out” (push up and out of the follicle). This time frame is normal.
- Hair WILL grow back after the initial session. Laser hair removal is a process which requires several treatments.
- Although rare, infection in the treated area is possible. Signs of infection may include redness and tenderness in the infected area and fever. Should you develop an infection, antibiotics may be necessary. Please contact us should you have any concerns.
- Please call Angel Gloss during normal business hours if you have ANY questions or concerns.
I understand that these pre/post care instructions are important to my overall treatment. I agree that I have read and understand what is required of me to have my treatment.