Before Dermal Filler treatment
Recommended guidelines from Dr. Akef for obtaining the best results from your dermal filler and other injectable treatments:
Dermal Filler Treatment Guidelines (applies to all Injectables)
- Inform your provider if you have a history of Perioral Herpes to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment.
- Avoid dental work (including standard teeth cleaning) at least 2 weeks prior to treatment and one month following treatment. Avoid oral surgery at least 4 weeks prior to treatment and one month following treatment.
- 3 DAYS BEFORE treatment: Avoid topical products such as Tretinoin (Retin-A), Retinols, Retinoids, Glycolic Acid, Alpha Hydroxy Acid, or any “anti-aging” products. Also avoid waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or the use of hair removal cream on the area to be treated.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before (or after) your treatment to minimize bruising.
- Do not use Dermal Fillers if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any of its ingredients, or suffer from any neurological disorders. Please inform your provider if you have any questions about this prior to the treatment.
- Dermal Filler injections (Restylane, Juvederm, Restylane Lyft, Rstylane Silk, Radiesse, Belotero, Sculptra, Bellafill – also PRP) include the risk of bruising if you are taking certain supplements or medications.
- To prevent this risk, please discontinue any of the items on the below list at least 3 days (7 days if time allows) before your appointment. Cannula injection techniques have dramatically reduced the incidence of bruising, but you can further reduce bruising possibility by following these recommendations.
- Medications to Discontinue 3 Days Before Treatment (7 days if time allows)
- Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil, Aleve)
- St. John’s Wort
- Omega 3 fatty acids (Fish Oil)
- Vitamin E
- Ginkgo Biloba
- **if you have been prescribed Aspirin or any prescription blood thinner, do not discontinue unless permitted by your prescribing physician.
- Cold Sores: If you have a history of cold sores, ask us about pre-care instructions.
Please call Angel Gloss Cosmetics Clinic at (647)-728-2400 or (905) 597-2030 or email us at email@example.com for further information regarding pre and post care.
After Dermal Filler treatment
- 7 DAYS BEFORE treatment (to prevent bruising): Avoid blood thinning over-the-counter medications such as Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, and Aleve. Also avoid herbal supplements, such as garlic, Vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba, St. John’s Wort, and Omega-3 capsules.
- Please note: If you have a history of cardiovascular issues, please check with your doctor prior to stopping use of Aspirin.