ClearLift Pre Treatment Care
- DO NOT undergo this procedure if you have been treated with Accutane (isotretinoin) within the last 6 months.
- DO NOT use exfoliants such as retinol, all topical acne treatments, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, benzo peroxide, and hydroquinone for 1 week prior.
- Do shave any hair in the area to be treated. For men, this may mean shaving twice.
- Do avoid direct sun exposure and tanning altogether for ultimate skin health.
- Do take your prescriptions as prescribed.
- The area to be treated must be clean, and free of any lotion, makeup, and sunscreen. If you have any of these products on, please wash them off completely prior to treatment using an oil free, PH balanced cleanser.
- Do avoid sun exposure, tanning beds, and tanning products for 2 weeks before and after the treatment. Treatment within 2 weeks of tanning or unprotected sun exposure may result in hypopigmentation (whitening of the skin) or hyperpigmentation (darkening of the skin) that may not clear for several months or could become permanent.
- If you have any important events within the next 10 days and it’s your first-time receiving treatment with ClearLift, we recommend you postpone it until after the event. It’s very rare, however, some patients develop flushing for a few days after treatment, and others develop small, white pustules the day after treatment resembling small pimples, which can take 3-10 days to subside.
- Discontinue usage of any products containing Retin-A, Retinol, Retinova or any other photo-sensitizing medication at least 1 week before your treatment. These products should be avoided during the course of your treatments.
- Do avoid any types of Chemical Peel for 1-2 weeks prior and after treatment.
ClearLift Post Treatment Care
- Immediately following the treatment, the skin may appear to be flushed. This is a normal reaction to the ClearLift treatment.
- Do apply post-treatment products recommended by our skin care specialists.
- Do shower as usual, using a gentle cleanser (cream cleanser) on the face.
- Do wear a broad-brimmed hat and sunglasses.
- Do apply sunscreen with no chemicals, about 7 days after procedure.
- Do reapply sunscreen every 2-3 hours in order to have a good protection against UV exposure.
- DO NOT undergo or use exfoliants, scrubbing, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, facials, shaving, and waxing for 2 weeks after the procedure.