Thread Lift Pre & Post Treatment Care
Before Thread Lift Facial treatment
1 WEEK before Thread procedure please avoid drinking at any cost, swell as smoking (this has a significant positive outcome on the speed and quality of your recovery) stop taking vitamin E, supplements such as Fish Oil, Krill, Garlic, Chilli Ginseng,Ginger & Green teas.
Any Aspirin based products such as Ibuprofen, Neurofen, Naprosen/Naprogesic Should be avoided aswell. Inform DrAkef if you are taking any anti-inflammatory medications (e.g.Naprosyn) or blood thinning medication (e.g.Warfarin).
Please call Angel Gloss Cosmetics Clinic at (647)-728-2400 or (905) 597-2030 or email us at email@example.com for further informations and any concerns regarding the pre and post care.
After Thread Lift Facial treatment
To achieve the best possible result from your surgery, follow these instructions carefully:
1. When you arrive home, make yourself comfortable and relax for the remainder of the day. Feel free to move around, but avoid any heavy activity for 2-3 weeks.
2. If your stomach feels fine, progress to foods, as you desire. If you feel nauseous, do not eat solid food, just drink small amounts of clear liquids, until the nausea passes. If it continues, call us.
3. During the first few days after your facial face lift, take your pain medication as necessary, preferably after eating to avoid nausea. Most patients find narcotic pain medication unnecessary during the day after 2-3 days.
4. *Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil, Nuprin) or Tylenol is helpful starting early in the post operative period, and for an additional 7-10 days. Aspirin should be avoided for 2 weeks before the planned date of your facial face lift.
5. Most of your discomfort occurs in the first 24-48 hours following procedure and will decrease each day thereafter. You may resume normal activities as tolerated. Normal activities include caring or yourself and lifting routine objects. Ask if you have any questions.
6. Take medications according to daily routine.
7. Eat soft foods or drink liquids for 7-10 days after surgery.
8. Keep head elevated (45 degree angle) in bed.
9. Do not touch or wash your face for 12 hours. Don’t pull down on face for 3 weeks.
10. Keep facial incisions clean as discussed in the incision wound care handout.
11. Limit facial motion for 24 hours. Limit talking or extreme expression.
12. Apply ice 30 minutes 4-5 times a day for 5 days.
13. Do not chew gum for 2 weeks. Do not drink through a straw.
14. No make-up or facial creams for 48 hours.
15. Do not massage the face for 3 weeks, especially with a wash cloth when cleansing. Do not pull down on your face.
16. Bending over or any position which places the head lower then the heart is to be avoided for at least 7 days. Avoid straining.
17. A day or two after surgery, the hair can be washed again using lukewarm water and baby shampoo.
18. Notify the doctor for any severe swelling in the neck or cheek areas or severe pain on one side, much greater than the other side.
19. Rest for the first 48 hours.
Please call Angel Gloss Cosmetics Clinic at (647)-728-2400 or (905) 597-2030 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or any concern regarding your pre and post care.