Pigmented Lesion Pre and Post Treatement Care
Pigmented lesions include freckles, sun spots, age related spots, etc. One of the best treatments for pigmented lesions is LASER. Different laser technology is being used for pigmented lesion treatment. The specialist who is performing the procedure is very important, however a good before and after care play a very important role in improvement of efficacy and preventing side effects.
Below you can find some instructions for before treatment care and after treatment care.
Before your treatment
- Do NOT wear makeup on the day of treatment
- No sun-tanning or self-tanners 4 weeks before treatment
It includes spray tans, tanning lotions, tanning beds, sun exposure, etc.
- Some medications or supplements may increase the risk of bruising. Consult with your physician.
- If you have a very sensitive skin, avoid treatments that may irritate the skin for 1-2 weeks prior to treatment (waxing, depilatories, etc.
If there are any changes to your health condition or you start taking any new medications since your last appointment, please notify clinic before your next appointment. call Angel Gloss Cosmetic Center during normal business hours.
- History of herpes or cold sores may require a prophylactic anti-viral prescription prior to treatment.
After your treatment
- Use the Post treatment products recommended by our specialists in the clinic. Otherwise, any other products can cause irritation or allergic reactions.
- Avoid sun exposure and use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen with SPF 45-50 with no chemicals or irritating substances to prevent further sun damage.
- Bruising, redness and swelling are common and resolve in 2-3 days.
- Treated pigment will turn darker (brown to black) within 24-48 hours
- Do not pick at scabs on treated area.
- Treated pigment will exfoliate off the face in during a week after doing the procedure.
- Full exfoliation will happen in 2-3 weeks.
- Avoid hot shower, hot tubs, saunas, etc. for 1-2 days
- Avoid skin irritants (examples below) 2-3 days after treatment.
- Products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, astringents, etc.
- Notify Angel Gloss Cosmetic Center of any concerns (blistering, excessive redness/swelling, etc.)
- Consult with clinic about when to resume skin care regime.
Please call Angel Gloss Cosmetic Center during normal business hours if you have ANY questions or concerns.