ClearLift Pre and Post Treatement Care
ClearLift Pre Treatment Care:
- DO NOT undergo this procedure if you have been treated with Accutane (isotretinoin) within the last 6 months.
- DO NOT use exfoliants such as retinol, all topical acne treatments, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, benzo peroxide, and hydroquinone for 1 week prior.
- Do shave any hair in the area to be treated. For men, this may mean shaving twice.
- Do avoid direct sun exposure and tanning all together for ultimate skin health.
- Do take your prescriptions prescribed if necessary.
- Area to be treated must be clean, and free of any lotion, makeup, and sunscreen. If you have any of these products on, please Do wash them off completely prior to treatment using an oil free PH balance cleanser.
- Do avoid Sun exposure, tanning beds, and tanning products for 2 weeks before and after the treatment. Treatment within 2 weeks of tanning or unprotected sun exposure may result in hypopigmentation (whitening of the skin) or hyperpigmentation (darkening of the skin) that may not clear for several months or may occurs permanently.
- If you have any important events within the next 10 days and it’s your first time treatment with ClearLift, we recommend that postpone it until after the event to have this procedure. It’s very rare, however, some patients develop flushing for a few days after the treatment, others develop small, white pustules the day after treatment resembling small pimples, which can take 3-10 days to subside.
- Discontinue usage of any products containing Retin-A, Retinol, Retinova or any other photo-sensitizing medication at least 1 week before your treatment. These products should be avoided during the course of your treatments.
- Do avoid any types of Chemical Peel for 1-2 weeks prior and after treatment.
ClearLift Post Treatment Care:
- Immediately following the treatment, the skin may appear to be flushed. This is a normal reaction of the skin to the ClearLift treatment.
- Do apply post treatment products recommended by our skin care specialists.
- Do shower as usual, using a gentle cleanser (cream cleanser) on the face.
- DO Wear a broad-rim hat and sunglasses.
- Do apply sunscreen with no chemicals, about 7 days after procedure.
- Do reapply sunscreen every 2-3 hours in order to have a good protection against UV exposure.
- DO NOT undergo or use exfoliants, scrubbing, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, facials, shaving, and waxing for 2 weeks after the procedure.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call our office at (647) 728-2400 | (905) 597-2030 during business hours.